THE TRADE: evolution of the table since 1999

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 11 dicembre 2015, 1:17

1999:
Immagine

2008:
Immagine

2012:
Immagine

The system with 2 columns for each commodity (column 1 for the lowest purchase price and 1 column to the sales price) is not liked during the playtest ... too hard, too demanding, too much of everything ...
Too bad, because with my friends, even 13 years, I have never had any problems since 1999.
So I was forced to simplify it and to facilitate new players, I added some useful information at the bottom of the table.

2013 for 3-5 players:
Immagine

2013 for 3-10 players:
Immagine
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

CARDS and DECKS: IMPERIAL deck

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 11 dicembre 2015, 1:20

I have already described the creation of the cards in 1999, now I will describe the work done in 2010 to completely redo the cards and decks.

I fixed the back of the cards, I lightened the background image, but if the game was the product I will definitely change it because it's not mine:
Immagine

Then I searched for a designer that repaint the images of the EMPIRE and TECHNOLOGY decks... it took me 1 year to find it, it was not easy to find someone that met my needs completely, for istance once asked me an exorbitant amount: 12,000 €!

Here are some examples of the designers that I had found:
Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Meanwhile, I was studying the new combo system and the introduction of new cards:
Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

I chose the latter because I think it was much better than everyone else.

This is an example of how we have worked for me and illustrator each card... this is the Leader:

First of all I soured a textual description of my idea and main characteristics, enclosing some sample image:
Immagine

Immagine

The illustrator was preparing a sketch:
Immagine

If I liked the idea, the illustrator finished drawing:
Immagine

If all went well, then colored by the illustrator and finished the drawing:
Immagine

Other examples:
Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

I would like to point out the level of detail of the pictures, in my opinion truly remarkable:
Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

More info in italian: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1280#p2286
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

CARDS and DECKS: TECHNOLOGICAL deck

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 11 dicembre 2015, 1:24

With the first technological deck I used the images of the boardgame Civilization and changing the meaning:
Immagine

Then I decided to review the entire system of technological advancement doing historical research and combining it with combos or gameplay mechanics:
Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Meanwhile, the same designer who made ​​me the images for the imperial deck has prepared me new drawings of technologies:
Immagine

Some details:
Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Then I tried some solutions of color:
Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

This year I added the military technological branch and a series of small changes and fixes:
Immagine

Immagine

I should have finished:
Immagine

Time evolution of technologies, from the 80s until 2011:
Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

More info in italian: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1280#p2286
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

CARDS and DECKS: AIM deck

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 11 dicembre 2015, 1:25

In 2007 I decide to add aim deck to have a mechanical more to get victory points.

After an initial evaluation study...
Immagine

I create 3 different aims for each Kingdom playing:
Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

These are the steps of assembling the 2007 version:
Immagine

And this is the 2012 version:
Immagine

Not required to follow the aim card, it's just another way to get the points victory.
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

CARDS and DECKS: RANDOM EVENTS deck

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 11 dicembre 2015, 1:26

I wanted to make the games more lively with some event, either positive or negative, which hit areas of land and sea that divide the map.
I was inspired by the Monopoly cards (unexpected and probability), but also to the events deck of Marco Polo (Clementoni).

This is the evolution from '80 (left) to 2010 (right):
Immagine

In the last version I decide to introduce many combo with IMPERIAL and TEHCNOLOGY decks, a very good idea very interesting:
Immagine

I'm studying a new version of this RANDOM EVENTS deck, a historical version with all the famous people of that time instead of invented things: William Wallace, Marco Polo, Charles of Anjou, King Louis IX, and so on... but I need a historical version with all the famous people of that time: William Wallace, Marco Polo, Charles of Anjou, King Louis IX, but I need a lot of time to complete this version ...
First of all, I have collected a lot of information about the second half of the XIII cen: births, deaths, Kingdoms, celebrities, special events, weapons, tactics of siege, battles, castles, inventions, trade, religion, education, medicine, science, ships , navigation, and I ordered everything in this section of my italian forum: viewforum.php?f=9

I have not finished this phase, the next phase will be to extrapolate the information needed to create approximately 100 cards ... then I will choose the 40-50 most beautiful cards, I will apply the combo and I'll finish the new deck.

More info in italian: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=96
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

CARDS and DECKS: CALAMITIES deck

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 11 dicembre 2015, 1:27

Well, the idea of calamities was there from the beginning of the '80.
25 years ago I used attack cards and defense cards.
Then I turned the attack cards in calamities and defense cards in technologies.

The purpose of the calamities is similar to the event cards, create random events to make matches more lively. The calamities, however, are much more rare and dangerous of random events.
Some technological cards can reduce the effects of calamities, others may even nullify the effect.

This is the evolution of the calamities deck, from '80 (left column), 1999 (second column), 2008 (third column), to 2010 (right column):

Immagine

Immagine

Sorry, but the images of the cards are not mine, for now I'm using images from other games, it should not be a problem as long as it is a prototype.
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

CARDS and DECKS: TREASURE deck

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 11 dicembre 2015, 1:28

The treasure deck was the last created.
I consider it an optional deck, but I always use it in games with my friends.
Whenever a barbarian general was killed, players could take possession of his spoil of war composed of mercenaries, money and commodities.

At first I used the card "Pirate's Cove" to test the mechanics, then I created my cards:
Immagine

More info in italian: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1280&start=40#p3003
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

MODULAR MAP

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 11 dicembre 2015, 22:47

Possibility to divide the map in 15 Parts and create up to 35 combinations playable from 3 to 10 players:
Immagine

Immagine

More info in italian and images: viewtopic.php?f=17&p=15885#p15885
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

Precedente

Torna a The prototype: genesis and assembling