MedioEvo Universalis II: new decks and cards

Genesis and assembling from the first ideas until the creation of the prototype

TECHNOLOGY CARDS

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 18:12

I give to Omar some material for the deck TECHNOLOGY ... being much more simple than cards EMPIRE (in fact I would like to keep the old style, so only the drawing without color), he has assured me that they are ready for my next important fair LUDICA (Milano) and PLAY (Modena)... I hope that it would make me very happy ... I will keep you updated on the progress works exactly as I did for the cards EMPIRE.

It is not yet final, but the pattern should look like this:
Immagine
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

THE FIRST TECHNOLOGY CARDS

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 18:12

Last week I have finished picking up the material to give to Omar for the technology deck... for 1 hour we spoken for defining some data on the cards and the style that it had in his mind.
Then he has shown me a test and we have corrected the last general details.

This week has drawn the first images, here is the preview of:
ROTATION OF THE CROPS
CARTOGRAPHY
ARCHITECTURE
ASTRONOMY

Immagine
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

Technology: MATHEMATICS

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 18:13

Omar has a doubt about mathematics : "but the symbols for the numbers that were used during XIII sec. they were the same of today?"

Without thinking I answer him "yes", but he insists and it makes me come some doubts... so I look for on internet possible information; I knew that Fibonacci in 1202 with his text Liber abbaci had introduced in Europe the indo-Arabic decimal numerical system and the use of the 0... but I didn't sincerely find from any part as the numbers were represented then.

Then I have found this image:
Immagine

... problem solved ;)
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

CARDS EVENTS: first restailing

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 18:14

I don't know if I will do in time for LUDICA 2011 to finish all decks... let's hope!

Surely the deck of the casual events needs a deep historical search for which now I don't have absolutely time, so I will be satisfied me with the new graphics and rewriting the text inside:

- "a die" has been replaced from "1D12" (1 die of 12 faces)

- "point experience" has been replaced with "PE"

- for background I have used 2 images of Dorè (Battle of Lepanto - Amazement of the crusaders to the sight of the oriental luxury)

- The first combos have finally (from so much time I thought it) been introduced with the other decks, so a lot of cards events won't passively be suffered; for example PASS (what it will finally have his serious role, while before together with gold Plate served as Joker for the most varied assignments), CERUSICO, MEDICINE, ASTRONOMY, CARTOGRAPHY and they will obviously be colored texts of reference as in all the other decks.

Immagine
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

TREASURE CARDS: FINALLY UPDATED !!!!

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 18:20

To the left of the cards that I used before, right now what I have:
Immagine

I'm not mad to create them:
- Usually outline of all other cards
- the written TREASURE orange / gold that identifies the deck
- The background is Omar, one of many backgrounds who is using it for CARD TECHNOLOGIES
- Downloaded from the Internet the image of the trunk of coins
- Downloaded from the Internet the image of the barrels (goods)
- Cut out soldier (and removed the crosses of cloak and tunic) taken from a background of PC game Stronghold.

I will make a total of 15 cards with the following rules for the combinations:
- florins 100 = 10 mercenaries = 10 goods
- on the card there will always be a total of 10
- Always even numbers
- Always step 2
- One of the 3 will always be at 0

So, I can have combinations mixed 10-0-0, 8-2-0, 6-4-0, 15 total combinations.
If anything in the future if you really just want to overdo it, even I put the STEP 1, 15 other combinations 9-1-0, 7-3-0, 5-5-0.

The rules regarding these cards have slightly changed: now all the captains, players and barbarians, will have a personal TREASURE ... this should lead to new possibilities in play
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

Re: MedioEvo Universalis II: new decks and cards

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 18:32

Color test for the TECHNOLOGY cards:
Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

New technological evolution version with some changes on a dozen cards:
Immagine
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

CARDS AIMS

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 20:15

And while I was there ... redone AIMS charts with a view of the base map and the expansions, but always representing the full map, later will refer representing only the base map:
Immagine

The color of green territories are those of the Kingdom of the player's departure, losing those means after the game -2 honor points for each lost territory.

The territories yellow colored give honor 1 point each.

The red colored areas give 2 honor points each if you have at least 6 yellow territories, otherwise worth 1 Honour point each.

For AIMS cards is therefore a maximum of 21 honor points or gain a maximum loss of 14 honor points ... so BE CAREFUL as you play!
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

Re: MedioEvo Universalis II: new decks and cards

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 20:31

The first new version of IMPERIAL deck:
Immagine

Is still a draft, nothing confirmed, I have basically created a circular area in the upper left position where the possible icon:

- The card can only be used in attack
- The card can be used only in defense
- The card can be used in attack and in defense
- the card generates a CASUS BELLI
- the card, if used, should be shown to the other players

Immagine
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

INTERACTION CARD SCHEME

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 20:36

Almost all, but not all, of the combo between the various game cards:
Immagine
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

Evolution of the cards from the beginning

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 20:52

And here I place the evolution of the cards ...

- 80s (1st column) where you will notice very few cards and all "stolen" to other games and giving it sometimes meanings completely different from what they represented

- then in 1999 (2nd column) when I created the system I use today ... understood as the player's cards (EMPIRE), CALAMITIES cards and TECHNOLOGIES cards.
The hundreds of matches made with this version have resulted in dozens of changes and improvements that have sometimes upset the system designed in 1999 (for example the inclusion of TREASURE and AIM deck).
I never kept track of this evolution, so you'll notice a huge difference between this 2nd column of 1999 and the 3rd column of 2010, more or less the notable difference that there is between 1st and 2nd column.

- 2010-2011 (3rd column) very big revision of the 3 main decks system, EMPIRE and TECHNOLOGIES historicized and redesigned thanks to Omar, CALAMITIES partially revised.

- end of 2011 (4th column) review of all combos of 3 main decks, especially CALAMITIES definitively revised, added the combo also in EVENTS cards.

You will notice that some cards are "born" in the 80s, remained a constant of the system, have evolved over time and therefore are present in all 4 columns ... other cards have appeared later, especially in 1999 and 2010 , while others have disappeared over time such as ADMIRAL that you will find only in the 1st column ...

Last thing to note the fact that the cards in the '80s, although they were part of a single giant deck, had to already existing EMPIRE cards (represented mostly by RisiKo cards more), the CALAMITIES (the Marco Polo attack cards) and TECHNOLOGIES (the defense papers marco Polo).

EMPIRE DECK
Immagine
Immagine
Immagine

TECNOLOGIES DECK
Immagine
Immagine
Immagine
Immagine

For the CALAMITIES cards I'm still using images of other games because it would cost me too remake all :lol: :lol: :lol:

CALAMITIES DECK
Immagine
Immagine

EVENTS DECK
Immagine

TREASURE DECK sopra e AIM DECK sotto
Immagine

There are still some things to do, but it should be almost the final version.
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

PrecedenteProssimo

Torna a The prototype: genesis and assembling