Drawings from Pisa

Genesis and assembling from the first ideas until the creation of the prototype

Drawings from Pisa

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 13:43

I'll report a discussion from italian forum because I met George in GIOCAPISA and asked me if I need help with the drawings:

I’m Giorgio and we met at Giocapisa.
I wanted to ask you if you needed help with the drawings.

Hi Giorgio, I guess you are the Giorgio who helped me show Federico from Red Glove how my prototype works.

If you’re not, welcome to the MedioEvo Universalis forum, I hope you like it and who knows, you might help out :D

At this stage I don’t need drawings, as I had been looking for a designer for 2 years (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1280&p=2287#p2286) ... and after some considering (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1280&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10#p2301) I asked Omar to do the job (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1280&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10#p2303)... he is a bit slow :lol: but he seems to be doing ok ;)

There is something else to do if you’re interested:
The angel on the bottom right corner of the map (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=141&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10#p1865) and the background on the box (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=141&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=20#p2118) which I’m also using as the back of the cards (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1280#p2287).
Are you interested? Obviously it is a serious job, with ideas, sketches… if I like it we can agree on the price… let me know! :D
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

The Angel

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 13:51

Rhodry is his girlfriends... she will draw the Angel.
Gosh, it seems that PISA GIOCA 2010 has given its results, I’m really happy about this.

Although we both had things to do, Rhodry and I managed to discuss the matter and agree on a future collaboration…obviously I asked her for some sketches so I could get an idea, and this is what she prepared:

Immagine

Immagine

Initially I was oriented toward a female angel with body n.3 and face n.2…but after thinking about it I asked Hodryronja to draw body n.3 and face n.5 with curly hair pointing upwards (like in body n.3)…let’s see what will come out ;) .

We unfortunately didn’t agree on the colour, as she doesn’t use the computer to colour, so she will only do the drawing, and Omar (who is preparing the cards) will colour it.

Hodryronja offered to show me a coloured angel so I could see the final result…I warned her that if I liked it, she would have to colour all the map so it would be homogeneous…she said it wasn’t a problem, so I sent her the area of Spain with no colours, let’s see what she does :D .
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

The Angel

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 13:53

We’re almost there, Rhodry has prepared a sketch (angel on the left) and I asked her to change some things (angel on the right):

Immagine

It should be perfect, but you know I’m not easily satisfied, so I asked for a further change, to be 100% sure, as the angel is used on the bottom right corner of the map, as the background of the trade grids and the technology grids.
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

The Angel

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 13:53

Even though I really like the “classical” angel, it doesn’t really have much to do with the historical era…also this is the period of great splendour of gothic churches, so I asked Hodryronja another try and this is what she drew:

Immagine

I think this is it, it definitely is closer to the symbology used in gothic churches.
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

The Angel

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 13:54

Rhodry had finished it some time ago, but I had been busy at work and so I’m only posting the final picture now, 110% approved…exactly what I had in mind…
I think she did a great job, do you agree?

Immagine

As she doesn’t colour using the computer, I pass this drawing to Omar so he can colour it and keep the same colouring style…we are all waiting for the final result :P .
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

Florin

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 13:57

And as Rhodry still wanted to help me, I asked her to draw the coins...I was thinking of using the florin (http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiorino) as an exchange coin, since it widely used during the second half of the 13th century.

Here is the original florin:
Immagine

Here are some initial sketches and some of the steps of the work:
Immagine

And here is a first work of the final idea:
Immagine

The first 2 white coins are the tail and the head…on the head I put the value, as I couldn’t use the historical system having to use huge amounts of money:

1 gold florin=20 popolino (big silver florin)=40money; there was also a small florin, a 1/12 coin.

Instead of the initial inscriptions on the coin, I put the quantity (1-5-10-50-100-500-1000) on the tail instead of “FLORENTIA”, and the name of the game (MedioEvo Universalis) on the head instead of “S.IOHANNES B.”

The coins will have different colours to show the different materials:
value 1 = copper
value 5-10 = iron
value 50-100 = silver
value 500-1000 = gold

It’s still only an idea, nothing certain, so if you have advice on the matter, don’t hesitate!!

P.S. this is how to contact Rhodry if you want to see other drawings:
web: http://lafigliadelbrigante.splinder.com/
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/La-Figlia-del-Brigante/126416270741469?v=wall
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

Color tests on Angel

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 13:57

Some color tests on angel ... but we have not yet ... beautiful red cloth at the foot, beautiful blond darker, not beautiful wings tricolor ... does not well too white on dress and wings because it do not combines with the map ... need more work...

Immagine
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

Other tests of color by Elisa

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 13:58

Other tests of color by Elisa, a friend of Rhodry... we are not still there, but we are approaching to the idea that I have of this angel/demon... we have spoken to msn and we should be ok... we wait for the results in the next days, we have arrived here for now:

Immagine
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

Re: Other tests of color by Elisa

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 13:59

After having spoken with Elisa about my "idea" of this angel, she has perfectly succeeded in guessing the objective... she has made me some final tests of color, they are all beautiful, woopsidaisis... now the problem is mine, I must choose:

Immagine

Immagine

This is the final version:
Immagine

Last detail, I changed the colors of eyes:
Immagine
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

Idea of Neyra for a new version of the map

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 3 luglio 2016, 14:09

Neyra creted a new version of the map... very very nice:
Immagine

This is my version:
Immagine

I'm thinking if I should entrust this "difficult and important task" or "be satisfied" of the map that I have done: :roll: :cry:
Very difficult ... I have to think ... :?
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

Torna a The prototype: genesis and assembling