What could I do of boardgame "in the drawer"?

Genesis and assembling from the first ideas until the creation of the prototype

What could I do of boardgame "in the drawer"?

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 6 giugno 2016, 19:16

As already mentioned more times, this prototype liked very much to me and to my friends... The initial idea was mine, but we all participated (some more than others) to shape this game on our players' needs ... for that reason the game was even better.

It was also nice for the mothers who came to see us every now and then looked out the door to "admire" the group intent on playing or maybe when the game became more animated and we began to "agitate" :lol:

Then came the sisters, cousins (and cousins!), aunts, friends of friends ... the neighbor ... in short, during games there was always someone who gave us a peek and make congratulate.

Simo, Mozzy and his mother were the ones that I think every time they threw a little dig about a possible release of the game: "why do not you see to someone editors?", "Why not try to put it on internet?"

Really me in 2000 when I had finished creating it, I wrote to EG presenting my prototype, but I had been kindly replied that this kind of games did not fall in sales policy was wrong ... I was there, although no He had been courteous, and I thought that my SERIOUSLY prototype was invalid. It had never occurred to the hall of the brain that this prototype could be of interest to a publishing house, I was already so happy, I played with my friends, what could I want? ;)

But in 2007, by dint of insisting all a little, I had returned the office to get me back and show the game to the public ... there was internet ... knew the Gamesrider forum then and it seemed the best place to describe my prototype. There once someone advised me La Tana dei Goblin and then on Inventori di giochi... etc etc.

I also took the decision, always in the summer of 2007, to physically show the public my prototype ... But the problem that surfaced immediately, since the first appearance, is that my prototype was TOO prototype, too many things not yet defined and / or "stolen" to other games, named (then called him RisiKo Universalis) to the pieces that made it up (I had robbed a dozen board games that I had at home, like someone had written: one could do "guess who "on the components to determine the original game).

I had in fact understood that if I wanted to continue to show the prototype to the public would have to make many changes "aesthetic" ...

... what to do? ...

... I thought about it a lot, but very much...

... leave the game in the drawer?...

... fix it was a big commitment...

... what it would cost in money and time?...

... I would have succeeded?...

... I believed in the idea...

... I had heard many positive comments...

... I thought about it a lot, but very much...

... and finally I decided to go ahead! :D
I roll up their sleeves and set to work: November 2007 :o
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

Re: What could I do of boardgame "in the drawer"?

Messaggio da leggereda Veldriss il 6 giugno 2016, 19:38

I quote here an answer given on Tana dei Goblin:

I answer the first question: "but where is the transformation that has taken place of risiko (WWII), with Napoleonic cards to MEDIEVAL UNIVERSALIS?"

Not "stop" the appearance of the historical period in which the game is set ...
I was playing RisiKo (say about WWII), but then in 1988 I created with my friends the first changes giving rise to Mesciòt (the "grandfather" of MU): introduced trade, attack and defense cards, random events etc etc ... the setting time was in ancient times, when there were still galleys, but was a consequence of the pieces introduced and the different rules that we had invented.

Then I finally created in the mid-90s the first giant map (the "grandfather" of MU) ... once again the pieces were made available by sull'ambientazione side a map of departure was discharged from a game PC set in the Napoleonic era, he might as well match the cards of territories and goals ... then i bought Napoleon in Europe (3 boxes) because i thought just to continue that way and replace / complement little tanks with thumbnails ...
In addition, the territories deck was only one of the decks I had in mind, I had ideas to recreate the Mesciòt of 1988, then add the "Empire" cards to enter attack bonus and defense etc etc ... and in fact the same map at the bottom he had the place to put 2 decks, no one ... if I continued on that road, the setting would have been that.

Then in 2000 I baked the "father" of MU ... and here there was not a real historical period, is perhaps closer to the First World War as a map, but in the Empire cards had "Templar", "sharpshooter" and "tax collector" while in technologies cards was "weaving", "coins" and "astronomy" ... i used the little tanks and at the same time ... there were castles and catapults the crusades and calamities like the plague.

I was interested to play with a set of rules and mechanics that would fulfill my needs fully and my friends.

When it was time to take a serious look at the game in order to show the public some rules and mechanics used hitherto have had the "upper hand" over other, so the historical background has fallen back on the medieval period of ... Consequently everything else.
Veldriss
"IL CREATORE"
"IL CREATORE"

Torna a The prototype: genesis and assembling